- I can write a PhD thesis! It is done and submitted!
- If I managed to blog this month, when I had so much to do I’ve been getting up at 3am or 4am and working til all hours, I can blog anytime.
- I really enjoy blogging. I already knew this, but I think long breaks make me forget how much. Like reverse nostalgia.
- I’ve missed Twitter. I’ve been quiet on the tweeting front for quite a while, but I tweeted a lot more this month and I spent more time looking at my feed and I realised I have actually missed it. It’s those incidental conversations that spring up. The serendipitous discoveries.
- I am not good at succinct. Succinct blog posts; succinct emails; succinct theses; succinct acknowledgements (I had to put a link in my thesis acknowledgements to more acknowledgements. I KNOW).
- Sometimes you have to lose a couple of battles if you want to win the war.
- I can actually let the battles go when it really comes to the crunch.
- If I can let the tactical battles go when it comes to the crunch, maybe I can let them go earlier and save some energy.
- I was recording some responses to interview questions this afternoon and I was rambling because I was tired and and I’d run out of think. I was talking about the different aspects of my job and the different research I do and I heard myself talking about doing research that makes my heart sing. And it occurred to me that I should be chasing the things that make my heart sing. And then I realised that I could; that I have enough autonomy and intellectual freedom in my job to just do the work that makes my heart sing. Ok, my heart will never sing about marking, but I can teach the stuff that makes my heart sing, and teaching itself makes my heart sing. And I realised that I’m pretty damn lucky that I get to do what I do.
- I can function decently on a lot less sleep than I thought.
- Blogging makes me a more productive work-y writer, I think because it allows me to get all the things I’m thinking about out of my head.
- There are things you can do at the 11th hour and it will be fine. Printing and binding a thesis is not one of them.
- I can actually meditate! I just needed to learn how. Thank you, Headspace.
- Sometimes you just have to give up your lofty ambitions of writing a blog post about 30 things you learned this month and go to sleep early instead. Cause sometimes eyes just refuse to stay open.
Thanks for a particularly awesome #blogjune everyone!